AN OVERVIEW OF THE COMPUTER COLLEGE PAKISTAN ENGINEERING CONGRESS
The Computer Centre of Pakistan Engineering Congress was established in 1994 with the generous donation of computers by the then President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It was later upgraded to an Institute which was inaugurated in 1997 by the then Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
The Aims and Objectives of the Computer College were:
- Development, propagation and promotion of computer knowledge and practices for the advancement of the engineering profession, science and technology
- To train individuals to embark upon a career in the field of “Information and Technology”
- To undertake research works and offer consultancy services
- To cater for the training and development needs of the business and IT industry
- To produce competent, well-informed, high caliber individuals having desire to learn and integrity and who are will to contribute valuably to their enterprise through continuous hard work and personal commitment
The affairs of the college are being looked after by the Computer Committee nominated by the Executive Council of Pakistan Engineering Congress. The college hired the most prominent faculty members, most of them are foreign qualified having vast practical experience in the relevant field.
The CCPEC consist upon 3 computer labs equipped with state-of-the-computing presses cluster of P-IV (Core 2 duo systems) backed by powerful server. There are 3 multimedia projectors with screens in the labs with latest technology and overhead projectors as well. Computer labs are connected with Internet through broadband to provide internet facility to the participants free of cost. There are 3 class rooms which are all well furnished. All the class rooms and labs are fully air conditioned.
Since its establishment the CCPEC has imparted training in both engineering and general software as well as computer sciences programs and especially upto the level of MCS. Today, it offers courses ranging from the basic one to the most advanced IT courses to the professional engineers, engineering students and the youth. The college being highly subsidized by the Congress with tuition fees almost half even 1/3rd as those of the other equivalent commercial colleges in the cosmopolitan of the Lahore a landmark in the annals of the Engineering Congress, in its achievements of promoting science and technology. The college is also giving fee concession / waiver to the deserving engineers / students. The college is equipped with power generator / UPS to cope with the power failures.
On successful completion of the course and professional / technical evaluation of the assignments / project the student s are awarded certificates. Till now more than 6700 students have been awarded certificates.